Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Thoughts on doing something right

Hi friends.

I'm sorry I've been a bit MIA lately. I'm not a super professional with a master plan to blog daily or once a week or twice a week or what have you. I just sort of blog whenever I feel inspired and hope that I get inspired frequently and that you guys don't hate me or lose interest in my absence.

I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts with you today.

My eyes popped open at 6:30 this morning, and adrenaline pumped through every fiber of my being. As I lied there feeling more than ready to start my day, counting my blessings, formulating new ideas, and contemplating exciting new possibilities for my life, my eyes suddenly filled with tears of joy, fear, excitement and bewilderment all at the same time. And all I could think in that moment was, "I have got to be doing something right."

I love those moments. Those moments where you feel stars aligning in your soul. Those moments when your intuitive voice is nearly shouting in your ear to keep going---to keep doing what you're doing. Those moments when you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're exactly where you need to be, doing exactly what you need to do, with exactly what you need to have, despite the uncertainty that still lies ahead.

And even if you haven't had one of those moments recently, I want to let you know that you're still exactly where you need to be. And the pain, grief, fear or confusion that you may be feeling right now is only leading you to one of those moments later on. And you will look back on that pain, grief, fear and confusion and understand why it was there.

I also wanted to remind you not to be so hard on yourself when you do something that you or someone else perceives as wrong.

You may make goals and not follow through with them. That's okay. Maybe it means your heart is making room for new goals.

You may fail to treat other people the way you want to be treated. That's okay. Maybe it means you're an imperfect human being just like them.

You may get your priorities thrown out of whack. That's okay. Maybe it means you have an opportunity to put them back in whack.

You may have days where all you want to do is sit on the couch in your pajamas and eat junk food. That's okay. Maybe it means you need to slow down and recharge.

So as a concluding thought, I guess I just wanted to remind you that everything is going to be okay. And even when you feel like you're doing everything wrong, one day you will realize that you've actually done everything right.

<3 Madison  



No comments:

Post a Comment