So I recently discovered a creative writing/poetry phenomenon known as 10 word stories.
Armed with inspiration, leftover remnants of a heart I've been struggling to heal, and the fact that my emotions can sometimes be summed up in only a few short words these days anyway, I decided to write some of my own. And although it slightly deviates from the type of content I usually tend to publish here, I'd like to share what I came up with. If you pay close attention, you'll notice that each of these stories is merely a chapter of a much larger one.
1. You bid on my heart with no intention of paying.
2. I wore a grin made of hope and reckless abandon.
3. You pushed me away, but I didn't want to leave.
4. Red flags decorated my mind, but flowers decorated my heart.
5. I fell for you the way leaves fall in autumn.
6. When nothing in my life made sense, you somehow did.
7. You placed me on a pedestal. I called it home.
8. We had a remarkable love that was doomed all along.
9. Your eyes tell a million stories. Your hands create magic.
10. You broke me slowly, and I begged you to stop.
11. You gave up on something you may never find again.
12. "You might break my patterns," you said. But I can't.
13. You found a female version of yourself. That's pretty boring.
14. Is her love for you the same color as mine?
15. I unsuccessfully tried to shove somebody else in your place.
16. I thought I had nothing to lose, but I did.
17. I've cried enough tears to fill wells and grow trees.
18. I always believed I was strong. Then I met you.
19. Time drags like the love you weren't ready to cherish.
20. Perhaps I miss being yours more than I miss you.