Friday, July 12, 2013

A formal introduction to the blog no one is reading yet

I know the title of this post sounds super snarky, but that is not my intention. I'd prefer to think of it as clever and attention-grabbing. And some people actually are reading the blog. Like 4-5 people per day. I suppose that's better than nothing.

Anyways. I decided to show Journey of a Soul Searcher some love on my new blog today. (Click here to see.) Then I decided that while I was at it, I would dedicate an entire post to giving you a more official introduction to said blog. If you haven't seen it yet, I encourage you to give it a chance. If you think it totally sucks, you have my permission to never visit again. 

The name of this blog is More to Share, More to Learn. It's a lifestyle blog where I write about other things I'm interested in aside from the inside of my soul. I write about stuff like relationships, organization and food. It's a little more grown-up. A little more 20-something. (But I also still write about the inside of my soul a little bit, so that's a plus for my existing blog readers.)  

If you still need some convincing, here are 4 reasons to check out More to Share, More to Learn: 

1. It's a creative extension of little old me.

I used to think I was a one trick pony. (And let's be honest...I sort of am.) Once I started feeling excited about other topics aside from my own personal life ramblings, I needed a creative space to put them in. So I decided to launch a new blog. If you ever get tired of reading about topics pertaining to several of the same themes, my new blog might be a breath of fresh air. It shows that I can write about other things too. 

2. The content is more diverse.

I'd like to think there's something for everyone on my new blog. Whether you like reading about love, life, food, weddings, family, entertainment or home improvement, I'm sure you'll find something useful and interesting.  

3. There is at least one picture included with every post. 

I don't include a picture with every post on this blog. On my new one, I do. I even posted an adorable photo of one of my dogs in a post about my Pinterest boards. Go look for it!     

4. It's written in the same personalized tone as Journey of a Soul Searcher.

In case you're worried that my new blog is going to sound super detached or removed, I'm happy to tell you that you're wrong. It's written in the same personalized, conversational tone as this one. (I still put lots of phrases in parenthesis and stuff.) 

Thanks for reading, and I hope you decide to stop by. http://more-to-share-more-to-learn.blogspot.com/

<3 Madison

p.s. Self-promotional posts are super awkward to write and not really my cup of tea, but I can't expect people to know about things if I don't talk/write about them.

p.p.s. Be sure to follow More to Share, More to Learn on Twitter if you like what you see.   

No comments:

Post a Comment