Sunday, June 26, 2011

I am already painfully aware of my flaws

"I know my flaws before other people point them out to me." ~ Taylor Swift

We all have flaws. We all have fears. We all have traits we're not thrilled about. I'm not perfect, the person sitting next to me isn't perfect, and the people who feel the need to tell me everything that's wrong with me definitely are not perfect. I personally choose to focus on my strengths, not my weaknesses. Those weaknesses are in the back of my mind. Having people blatantly point out those weaknesses doesn't help me. I don't handle criticism well, which is one of the main reasons why I like to be alone all the time. Criticism hurts. It hurts, it burns, it damages, and it scars.

Needless to say, I had my flaws pointed out to me in great detail today. They were analyzed and over analyzed. Wonderful. I feel like a million bucks now. Thanks.

People are GOING to criticize you. There's no avoiding it. No matter who you are or what you do, SOMEONE is going to find something wrong with it. I think you just have to be strong-minded to ease the burn of criticism. You just have to pick yourself back up when people knock you down. Because you're enough just the way you are...and there's always room for improvement. YOU be the judge of what you want or need to change about yourself. Don't let other people do it for you.

I'm human. I'm young. And I'm still learning.

~ Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment