Thursday, February 2, 2017

Miscellaneous thoughts (Part 15)

~ There is a difference between wanting to be THE best and wanting to be YOUR best. The first is arrogance. The second is self-assurance. You may be awesome, but you're not better than anybody else.

~ I am going to try to get myself back into the habit of writing every week and keeping my creative juices flowing, starting this month. Because I know that help and support is out there if I'm willing to utilize it.

~ It's unnerving how easy it is to let work and adulthood take over your entire life. I breathe, eat, sleep, work and adult. I feel like that's all I ever do and that if I start trying too hard to do anything else, I'll fall hopelessly behind on life itself. Anyone else?

~ At the end of the day, only you can determine the weight of a person's words. Words can hurt, but they don't have to break or change you because they're just words. People can talk shit to and about you until they're blue in the face, but your opinion of yourself is the only one that matters.  

~ I miss a lot of the old parts of myself, but I'm also really excited about the new parts. I have yet to figure out if the changes that lie ahead are good, bad, or a little of both.

~ It's okay to have no idea what you're doing, no matter how old you get.

~ Allow the chaos of life to inspire rather than distract you.

~ And allow your determination to be greater than your fear.

<3 Madison  

2 comments:

  1. thanks for writing these beautiful lines.i feel motivated by reading these,some lines directly got connected to my present state of mind.

    ReplyDelete