Friday, December 21, 2012

Miscellaneous thoughts

Sometimes I can't seem to pick just one topic to blog about. Sometimes I have various little thoughts running through my mind and want to randomly share all of them.

I frequently find myself writing posts where I just spew random thoughts. But you guys seem to like them, so that's good.

Here are a couple of previous examples:


So I decided to start calling these posts "Miscellaneous thoughts." (Because I never know how to title a post that's about several different things at once.) If I ever write another post like this, I'll probably just call it "Miscellaneous thoughts (Part 2)" or something like that. 

Okay. Here we go. 

~ Hold on to the loyal people in your life. The people who stood by you even when you tried to push them away. The people who know who you really are when you lose yourself. The people you can always count on, no matter what. You need these people more than you know.

~ Smile at strangers. Exchanging a smile with someone you don't know is a very simple, yet very rewarding gesture. We should all smile more. Like Buddy the elf. 

~ Love > Fear 

~ Dogs are amazing. I don't know if you're a dog person or a cat person or a fish person, but dogs are amazing. I recommend getting one if you can. 

~ Be charitable when you can. But don't ever beat yourself up for not having a certain amount of money or resources to help a certain cause or whatever. All help is good. Like I said, when you can or when it's possible, be charitable. 

~ Say yes more often. (But not to drugs or gang initiations...)

~ Don't create a problem where there isn't one.

~ Cultivate joy, not stress---especially this month. Remember the reason for the season.  

<3 Madison 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment