Thursday, February 14, 2013

14 ways I will love myself today

Happy love day, friends! Whether you have a special someone in your life or not, I think today is a good day to reflect on how well you've been loving and treating yourself lately.

If you're a frequent reader of mine, you probably know that I sometimes go through brief intervals of hating myself. I've actually gone through a couple this week, including earlier this morning.

It all started when I accused myself of ruining V-Day over something really stupid. Then I beat myself up for accusing myself of ruining V-Day over something really stupid. Then I beat myself up for beating myself up for accusing myself of ruining V-Day over something really stupid.

When I caught myself in this pointless little self-hatred cycle, I almost had to laugh. I'm always mean to myself on the most inconvenient of days.

So today, I want to share 14 ways I will love myself today. (14 ways on the 14th of February...See what I did there?)

Take a look:

1. I will fill my mind with positive, loving thoughts.

2. I will let other people love me.

3. I will smile.

4. I will give myself permission to indulge in candy and red velvet cupcakes.

5. I will listen to my favorite songs and dance around my kitchen.

6. I will take the time to curl up and read a book.

7. I will count my blessings.

8. I will embrace my humanity.

9. I will reassure myself for the one billionth time that it's okay to not always be okay.

10. I will do what I love.

11. I will accept new challenges without complaining about them.

12. I will be patient---with myself, with others, with the universe.

13. I will remember that a bad day does not equal a bad life.

14. I will honor my wants and needs.

How will you love yourself today?

<3 Madison  

2 comments:

  1. I just found your site today and resonate with what you say...This is a wonderful list! That you can catch yourself when you are in a cycle of loathing shows you are on a truly good path. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kai! I don't always catch myself in these cycles, but I try to. :-)

      Thank you for stopping by! I hope you'll be back.

      <3 Madison

      Delete