Happy love day, friends! Whether you have a special someone in your life or not, I think today is a good day to reflect on how well you've been loving and treating yourself lately.
If you're a frequent reader of mine, you probably know that I sometimes go through brief intervals of hating myself. I've actually gone through a couple this week, including earlier this morning.
It all started when I accused myself of ruining V-Day over something really stupid. Then I beat myself up for accusing myself of ruining V-Day over something really stupid. Then I beat myself up for beating myself up for accusing myself of ruining V-Day over something really stupid.
When I caught myself in this pointless little self-hatred cycle, I almost had to laugh. I'm always mean to myself on the most inconvenient of days.
So today, I want to share 14 ways I will love myself today. (14 ways on the 14th of February...See what I did there?)
Take a look:
1. I will fill my mind with positive, loving thoughts.
2. I will let other people love me.
3. I will smile.
4. I will give myself permission to indulge in candy and red velvet cupcakes.
5. I will listen to my favorite songs and dance around my kitchen.
6. I will take the time to curl up and read a book.
7. I will count my blessings.
8. I will embrace my humanity.
9. I will reassure myself for the one billionth time that it's okay to not always be okay.
10. I will do what I love.
11. I will accept new challenges without complaining about them.
12. I will be patient---with myself, with others, with the universe.
13. I will remember that a bad day does not equal a bad life.
14. I will honor my wants and needs.
How will you love yourself today?