Friday, February 1, 2013

Favorite Quote Friday (Dreams)

Hello friends! I've spent months trying to come up with a simple and fun little project for my blog, and I finally decided on something. Every Friday in the month of February, I'm going to share one of my favorite quotes along with some personal and insightful thoughts that I associate with it. Each quote will cover a different universal topic. 

I hope you enjoy!


“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ~ C. S. Lewis

You know what bothers me? People who are under the impression that there are age limits for doing certain things. Bullshiz.

As long as you’re alive and breathing, you can do whatever you want. If you want to go to college at 60, go to college at 60. If you want to go skydiving at 70, go skydiving at 70. If you want to get married at 80, get married at 80.

Getting older shouldn't hinder your ambition or personal growth. Like I said, as long as you’re alive, you’re allowed to keep living.

Keep setting goals. Keep dreaming. Never use “I’m too old” or “I’m too young” as an excuse to not do what you really want to do.

I am such a huge advocate of following your dreams, regardless of age, gender, nationality, etc.

I am such a huge advocate of doing what makes you happy and fighting for the things you really want in life.

It’s never too late or too early to start.

<3 Madison  

4 comments:

  1. I'm planning on doing my first skydive this spring. :)

    One of my favorites is:

    "Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." ~ Matthew Arnold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I hope you have fun! I also want to try skydiving sometime...I might do it for my 21st birthday. :-)

      And I love that quote!

      Delete
  2. The more I live the more I learn. That learning helps me feel balanced, alive and vital and I appreciate the advice to awareness, maybe to action, certainly to dream- live as if it is all now, not yesterday, or in some other ways finding a reason to not act...As if we were too old or too young, the infinite now is expressing itself every moment and every moment is our call to its awareness...Perfection is that moment.

    ReplyDelete