Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Miscellaneous thoughts (Part 5)

~ Be nice. That sounds generic and overused, but please be nice. Don't tell someone who doesn't listen to the same kind of music that you listen to that they have bad taste. Don't get snappy with your grandmother when she has a hard time catching on to modern technology. Don't open up a floodgate of complaints and insults when someone makes you mad over something ridiculously stupid. When you pour a glass of lemonade for yourself, offer to pour some for someone else as well. Hug people. Smile at people. Befriend people. Laugh at people's jokes, even if you don't think they're funny. Don't judge, gossip, belittle and criticize. The world would be a much better place if we could all just be a bit nicer to each other.

~ Here's a dream following analogy for you. You're stranded on an island in the middle of nowhere, and your only source of food is the fish in the body of water surrounding your island. You have to constantly throw out your fishing pole and wait for a bite. You have to constantly be reeling in fish. You may have days where nothing is biting, and you're hungry and grumpy. You may have days where you want to just give up and lie face down until you starve to death. But you don't give up. You keep fishing and you keep reeling and you keep feasting because you know it's what you have to do to stay alive. Think of reaching your goals and dreams the same way. It won't always be easy, and sometimes you will feel discouraged and frustrated. But you have to keep fishing until you get a bite. And you eventually will get a bite...as long as you don't give up.

~ New beginnings are always a bit rocky. It's important to remember that they won't be rocky forever.

~ Happiness comes from the inside, not the outside.

~ If you're nervous and afraid, it matters to you.

~ Laughter is what love sounds like.

~ I read lots of articles and blog posts about living life to the fullest and doing more than simply existing. As much as I hate to admit it, they don't usually affect me or speak to me at all. I'm happy and I do what I love every day, but I can't honestly say that I "live life to the fullest." But there was something about this post that just made me want to tell everybody I love that I love them, throw caution to the wind, create something beautiful, and be the very best me that I can be---today. http://keltiecolleen.buzznet.com/user/journal/17326008/heartblog-high-winds-changing-things/

~ You should read my new blog and tell your friends about it. http://more-to-share-more-to-learn.blogspot.com/ 

<3 Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment