Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tiny Buddha book discussion: Day 6

"We are all learning as we go. No one has it all figured out. No one goes to bed at night feeling fully confident in her decisions. No one knows for sure that a risk is going to pay off. No one can foresee what's coming. That's the beauty of life." 




This is very comforting to a somewhat overly cautious person like me. Although I'm not as bad as I used to be, I still tend to overanalyze my decisions and second-guess myself sometimes. But I know that every word of this excerpt is absolutely true. You can never know how a situation is going to turn out anyway, so you might as well not even worry about it.

Risks are scary and uncertain, and uncertainty scares me. It's uncomfortable to have no clue what will come out of a risk. But they are worth taking if you know in your gut and in your heart that you need to take them.

So I will remember this excerpt the next time I am faced with a seemingly scary risk. I will remind myself that I will never know the outcome unless I take the jump.

<3 Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment