Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I believe in you

I'm not the type of person who steps on other people's dreams. When someone tells me their dreams, plans, or goals in life, they need not worry about me scoffing about it or discouraging them. Everyone is put on this Earth to fulfill a journey and I commend the people who follow through with that journey despite nay-sayers.

I believe in ordinary people doing extraordinary things.

I have a lot of respect for people who believe in their path and listen to their gut instead of listening to other people. I've come to realize that in the end, the only person who can stand in the way of your happiness is YOU. You can choose to listen to negativity and let that slow you down or you can block it out and go on your merry way. I'm definitely not saying it's easy to completely ignore criticism. It's not. I've been there. It takes a lot of self development to grow out of allowing yourself to be influenced by other people. Sometimes you have to just isolate yourself from everyone and work on fixing yourself. Remove yourself from people who wreak havoc on your self-esteem and surround yourself with people who believe in you and want you to succeed in whatever you do in life. That's the first step.

I'm still working on myself and I have a long way to go. But I took the initial step of saying, "enough is enough" and took myself away from negativity. That's when I started to blossom. That's when I started to dream. That's when I started to hope.

I believe in you. Go out into that big scary world and do whatever the hell you want. Life is too short to seek approval from others.

<3 Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment