Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It's the simple things

I'm not a hard person to please. I'm also not a hard person to displease. BUT that's not what this post is about. The simple things have always brought me the most joy in life. I've always appreciated simple, beautiful things that other people take for granted. Sometimes you just have to stop and smell the fresh air.


I love songs that give me goosebumps or bring me to tears.
I love baking cakes while blasting pop music in the kitchen.
I love how happy my dogs are to see me each morning.
I love snuggling up with a good book in a quiet, peaceful room.
I love the sound of rain and ocean waves.
I love laughing at my own lame jokes.
I love grocery shopping with my mom.
I love riding in the car at night.
I love giant bowls of ice cream.
I love hearing people's stories and having people listen to mine.
I love writing in my journal under the covers in the middle of the night.
I love the feeling of the wind blowing my hair back.
I love simple, sincere compliments.
I love long walks around my neighborhood.
I love "too tight" hugs.
I love pictures of landscapes.
I love sitting in bed and blogging about the simple things I love.

And I love YOU for actually reading all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment