Monday, July 4, 2011

My love for San Francisco

I visited California for the first time ever a few months ago. I still think about it all the time. It was my first time flying in an airplane. It was my first time being three thousand miles away from home. I loved every minute of it. The cramped plane ride. My view of snow covered mountain tops as I flew farther away from home. Sleeping on a mattress on the floor of my cousin's home and using the ironing board as a table for my purse. The faint glow inside the fish tank in my temporary room. Eating a bowl of Kix for breakfast every morning. Coffee shops with cute waiters. Meeting one of the nicest girls I've ever met in my life. People playing guitar on the side of the road for spare change. Big, sparkling buildings.

And San Francisco. We spent one day in San Francisco while I was there and I fell in love. No, I seriously fell in love. With the people, with the history, with the Golden Gate Bridge, with the music, with the culture, with the food, with the ocean smell. Everything.

I go back there all the time. In my head.

And I wrote this blog post to help me remember how happy I felt while I was there. I was happier than I seemed and I wish I would've acted as happy as I really was. Because for the first time in my life...I was infinite.

No comments:

Post a Comment