Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Don't underestimate yourself

"It's not who you are that holds you back; it's who you think you're not." ~ Unknown 


Today, I just want to give you all a friendly reminder to not underestimate yourselves.

In the back of my mind, I know that everything I think I lack is already inside of me somewhere---confidence, courage, individuality, unfiltered honesty, awesomeness...

But that version of me frequently gets hidden behind self-inflicted ego bruises and the heavy bricks of limiting beliefs (I'm pretty sure I have about fifty million of those). I constantly have to stop and remind myself that if I want the real me to shine through, all I have to do is be willing enough to peel back the layers---and also be willing enough to be patient with myself in the process of doing that.

We are all stronger than we think we are.
We are all capable of creating the kind of life we want for ourselves.
We are all unique.
We are all here on this Earth, alive and breathing.

I tend to root for others more than I root for myself. I believe in others more than I believe in myself. I have faith in others more than I have faith in myself.

But starting today, I am going to try to change that. I am going to try to give myself the same unwavering faith that I give to everyone else.

I hope you decide to do the same.

<3 Madison

4 comments:

  1. I have only read a handful of posts and already i cannot wait to read the rest. You are an amazing human being and I am already impressed with how you are. Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. YOU are an amazing human being. Thank you so much for this wonderful comment and thanks for stopping by!

      <3 Madison

      Delete
  2. I have every faith in you and I hope your faith in you blossoms x

    ReplyDelete