Friday, March 16, 2012

Your soul is rooting for you. Believe in your path.

I've sort of strayed from writing this week (Sorry! I'm here now!) because I stay away from my blog whenever my thoughts and feelings are all over the place to avoid writing something melodramatic.

And my thoughts and feelings have definitely been all over the place this week. It's one of those weeks where every time you lie down at night, you either end up crying, sleeping with a stuffed animal (or a real one!), lying awake for hours, having a nightmare, or all of the above.

My soul has just been under a little rain cloud lately. And I've been extremely resistant and hormonal.

But the other day, I read a tweet from one of my favorite writing buddies and it definitely came at the right time. It said, "Your soul is rooting for you."

This same writer (Her name is Keltie Colleen. I've mentioned her several times before.) wrote a blog post last week titled "Believe in Your Path." It also came at the right time because some new and unfamiliar territory is coming up in my writing journey and I've sort of been freaking out...

"I hope this works out! What if I fail? What if I'm not good enough? What if I get turned around AGAIN and end up right back at square one? What if no one believes in me? WHAT IF I DON'T BELIEVE IN MYSELF??"

And the worst part is that I haven't even entered this new territory yet.

I want to share an excerpt from Keltie's post, "Believe in Your Path" ~

It's so bizarre how sometimes our mind doesn't agree on our life path. 


I try to remember:


You might not look the way you want.


You might not be all the things you want. 


People might not believe in you the way you wish they would.


But you are alive.


You are here for a reason.


The streetlights will turn off tonight.


Eventually you will fall asleep. 


And tomorrow will be another day where people's words could break your heart or change your life. 


And you never know which it is going to be. 


You have to believe in your path.


Even when it gives you every reason not to. 




Pretty epic hit of inspiration, right?

You will get discouraged. You will wonder what the hell you're doing or if you should just give up. You will get your feelings hurt by people who don't believe in you. You will obsess over the destination and forget about the journey. You will encounter obstacles and experience fallbacks. The little devil on your shoulder will tell you you're not good enough. You will have horrible days and swear it's the end of the world.

But your soul is rooting for you...It is always rooting for you, even when it's under a rain cloud. You have to believe in what your soul is telling you. You have to believe in your path.

<3 Madison

p.s. If you love the excerpt I shared from Keltie's blog, you should "like" her Facebook page --- http://www.facebook.com/keltiecolleendance?sk=app_216924904991602&app_data=dlt OR sign up on her website --- http://keltiecolleendance.com/ and you will receive weekly motivational moonbeams (inspiring nuggets of wisdom and inspiration like the one I shared above) and a whole bunch of other inspiring goodies, including a free chapter of her amazeballs book. I could really use those motivational moonbeams right about now and I can't wait to start receiving them.

Happy Friday :-)

2 comments:

  1. This is a great share, madison:)
    I was tangled in this sort of struggle when the mind tries to pull me away from my path. Somehow, i hold on tight, that i fall into a period of darkness.
    i prayed every night before bed for a better tomorrow. After many nights, when i thought i'm in my darkest time, a helping hand show up and gave me a pull out from that tangle.
    Everything happens for a reason, i don't know that reason yet, but am sure why we choose to be on this path, that we've chosen!

    Love that " Soul is rooting for you!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment!

      Yes, it can be difficult to remember why we're doing what we're doing in the first place. Our mind can trick us into thinking we don't want what we're fighting for after all, but our soul knows that's not true. :)

      ~ Madison

      Delete