Monday, August 15, 2011

Time flies

Today is my little brother's first day of high school. Oh, how time flies. I didn't completely wrap my head around it until he was out the door this morning. When I look at him though, I don't see him as a high schooler or a young man growing up and coming of age. I see him as my little brother.

I still vividly remember my first day of high school and today is bringing every bit of it back into my mind. I remember wearing a little blue shirt with fabric flowers sewn onto the shoulder. I remember having my hair in pigtails. I remember being terrified and excited at the same time. I remember the highlight of my day being when the boy I was totally in love with gave me a hug. I remember the bell to go back to class ringing as soon as my friend Abigail and I sat down with our lunch trays. I remember being innocent, hopeful, and optimistic. But that was just the first day. I had amazing days and I had horrible days as high school flew by. Overall though, high school treated me well.

I hope it treats my brother well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment